Pages

Tuesday 13 August 2013

My Adventure to Germany

I've had the best time ever in Germany! It was so lovely to see all my German friends again and it was surprising how easily we could pick up from where we left off! My week was jam packed- I went to a BBQ street party, visited Schwabach, twice to Nuremberg, Munich, swimming in Brombach see (a hugeee lake) and exploring the cute town of Bamberg!

Keeping ourselves entertained in Birmingham Airport. I'm so cool. 
The amount of selfies I have taken this holiday...but we're on the plane to France here and we are already getting the 'airport look' - in other words- hair, makeup goes out the window


Where I was staying was pretty rural and I prefer this side of Germany as opposed to their big cities

On Sunday we visited Nuremberg Tiergarten (the Zoo) and the weather was wonderfully warm! I'm also quite proud of my photography of this highly photogenic something-or-other!

We are all waiting to see the dolphin show! Wahey! Bear in mind that there was a flash-rain episode and that is the reason why I slightly resemble a marshmallow. Lovely.

Here is a little town called Schwabach. We came here on a Sunday afternoon and so non of the shops were open, hence the lack of people.

Schwabach is famous for it's gold. How cool is that? And this roof is made from gold!

I'm sure you are wondering what this picture is all about. Well, we stopped for a cafe break in Nuremberg on the Monday, and to get to the toilet you had to read the code on the bottom of the receipt, venture up a lift and then enter the code into the door. That was a first.

On the Monday, we returned back to Nuremberg to watch Monsters Uni in German. I actually understood the majority of what was going on! Achievement :3 I also observed that German cinemas (or at least this one) are far better than any cinema I've been to in England. Firstly, all the seats are angled at a higher gradient than in England, so you don't need to worry about having a human giraffe perched on the seat in front. Secondly, they had big red curtains which opened before the film started which I thought was cute.

Yes, I'm brushing my teeth 
I also prefer the German trains to England. Cleaner, tidier, two storey and they have little seating areas for four people. Jade and I are most likely listening to MCR or YM@6

Do we get these in England? Because I have never seen one! Basically, it's a miniature conveyor belt that runs along side the stairs for your to put your bags on
On the Wednesday, we went on a bike ride to Brombach See and then went swimming in the lake! Our little baskets on the back of our bikes were filled with our picnic food :')

This was such a beautiful place to ride! Take into account that I am riding whilst taking pictures

Here is another picture from Brombach

On our last full day, we all went to Bamberg. I loved this place! All the buildings were really cute and authentic german-looking! Also, despite that colour of the sky, it was really warm!
I think that I'm going to finish with this Germany post for now, but I'm sure that little comments and memories from Germany will crop up in my posts for quite a while! I honestly had the time of my life and I'm so grateful to Lisa's Family for their kind hospitality. Actually, there is one thing that I would like to give a special mention. On the day before I left, I went to visit the Grandma and Grandpa. They were so lovely and kind- they had laid out the table and we all had ice cream with wafers and sauces in glass bowls. Her Grandma spoke to me in English, telling me how she lived in America along time ago and so she seemed really happy to use her English again! She then gave me a hand-made jewellery pot, that she had made especially for me. That had actually made my day and after going to my favourite place of the week, Bamberg, I couldn't have wished for a better last day! Writing about this trip makes me miss it...alot!

No comments:

Post a Comment